5 Things to Know After a Criminal Charge from a Baltimore Criminal Defense Lawyer – G. Randolph Rice, Jr.
You’ve been charged with a crime in Baltimore Maryland and now you need to know what to do. Contact attorney G. Randolph Rice, Jr., for immediate legal help at (410) 288-2900 or email Mr. Rice.
Here is a simple list of 5 things to do after a criminal charge from a Baltimore Criminal Defense Lawyer:
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Evidence is beginning to disappear or become destroyed the longer you wait. The sooner you contact a lawyer the fresher the event is in your mind and you are able to recall what happened and if there are any witnesses that can be summonsed for your case. Contact attorney G. Randolph Rice, Jr., at (410) 288-2900 to schedule a free consultation and to discuss your defense.
- Don’t talk to anyone about your case. Anyone you mention regarding your case can be called as a witness by the state. If you talk about the case with anyone, it should be your lawyer. You and your lawyer are the only people that are protected by the attorney-client privilege. That means that the police or state can make your lawyer tell them what you told your lawyer.
- Don’t get into anymore trouble before your trial date in the recent charges. I cannot tell you how many clients get charged, are released and pending trial and then receive a new set of charges and they are then facing two sets of charges. This makes it very difficult to convince a Judge or State’s Attorney that you are a good person when you have new charges.
- Start to prepare for Court. Start collecting documentation showing the good deeds you have been doing and you do between the charges and the trial date. You want to make sure this information is in written form. Judges believe a letter a lot more than you or your lawyer telling them about it.
- Contact a Baltimore Criminal Defense lawyer as soon as possible. Yes, it is that important. You wouldn’t perform surgery on yourself, so why would you go to Court without a lawyer. Lawyers that handle these types of cases have been doing it for years and they know the tendencies of the Judges and State’s Attorneys. Contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, in Baltimore Md. to discuss your charges.
The Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, was founded by former Assistant State’s Attorney G. Randolph Rice, Jr. It has been representing clients in and around Baltimore Maryland for years in their criminal and traffic cases. He has recognized as one of the Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in the Baltimore Region by CitySpur for years as well as ranked by Super Lawyers in the area of Criminal Defense, DUI, DWI, and traffic violations.
Contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, at (410) 288-2900 for immediate legal help.