What types of lawyers are there out there? You don’t want to hire a tax lawyer to handle your DUI or criminal case. Do you need for a specific type of lawyer for your case? Yes, you want to hire a lawyer with experience in your type of case.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, you’ll want a criminal defense attorney. If you’re facing a DUI or DWI, you want a DUI/DWI defense attorney. Traffic ticket – traffic ticket lawyer, car accident case then call a personal injury lawyer.
If you have been charged with a crime, traffic offense or DUI, DWI – we handle those types of cases and we’re those types of lawyers. Call 410-288-2900 to schedule a free consultation or email the office for immediate legal help.
Types of Lawyers
We’re asked all the time, what areas of law do you represent people in and thus what types of lawyers are you? Here is a list of some of the types of crimes and traffic offense we handle and thus the types of lawyers we are:
DUI and Traffic Ticket Law
- DUI, DWI, Drunk driving: including driving while under the influence of alcohol (DUI), driving while impaired by alcohol (DWI), 1st offense DUI, 2nd offense DUI, 3rd or subsequent offense DUI.
- Driver’s license hearings or MVA hearings: protecting your drivers license and drivers license restoration.
- Traffic Tickets: including traffic tickets, speeding tickets, careless and reckless driving, driving on suspended license, driving without a license and insurance violations.
Drug Crimes and Drug Possession – Marijuana and Non-Marijuana
- Drug & CDS crimes: including possession or marijuana and non-marijuana, possession with intent to distribute, cultivation, manufacturing and distribution.
Assault – Second Degree and First Degree Assault
- Domestic violence and assault: Convictions carry serious consequences for first degree assault, second degree assault and reckless endangerment.
College Students in Trouble
- College crime: Whether you were charged at Towson University or Johns Hopkins, we can help. We want to protect your future, you’re going to school to better yourself, don’t let one mistake ruin all of that work.
- Minor and juvenile criminal offenses: Working to minimize the impact of a criminal defense charge and arrest in all areas of a young person’s life
Not from Maryland – No Problem
- Out-of-state client representation: Not from Maryland, not a problem. We can conduct most of the work over the phone and by email. We’ll do everything we can to prevent a trip to Maryland ending in a conviction.
- Internet crimes: from computer hacking to credit card fraud to online pornography charges. Internet crimes are serious, hire a lawyer that knows the ins and out of computers and the tech language need to defend your case.
- Felonies: Felony charges from Robbery, Rape, Burglary and everything in between. When you’re charged with a serious offense, you want a serious trial lawyer ready to defend your freedom.
Weapon Crimes in Maryland – MD Gun Crimes
- Weapons offenses: including felon in possession of a weapon and felony firearm. We know the gun laws and work to keep you out of jail
- Theft, Larceny and receiving stolen property. From shoplifting to fraud we can provide a defense. If you didn’t do it, then we’re the people you want to talk to.
White Collar Types of Lawyers
- White collar crime: including embezzlement, forgery and fraud, often times our criminal attorneys can assist in making sure formal charges never occur and the case is dismissed.
Expungement of Criminal Record
- Expungement: clearing your criminal record, removing your conviction from public view so that you can get a new job, or just have the peace of mind that comes with a clean record. We can help remove it from the Maryland Judiciary Case Search.
Bail – Bail Hearing and Review
- Bail bonds: Bail hearings and bail review. We argue before a Judge for a reasonable bond that allows you to stay out of jail until your trial
Violation of Probation
- Probation violations and Violation of Probation: Legal help when you are no longer presumed innocent, we often take probation and bond violations to trial and clear our clients of false accusations
There are many types of lawyers out there. Make sure you hire the right one for your case.
If you’ve been charged with a crime or traffic offense, call our office at 410-288-2900 for immediate legal help and to schedule a free consultation.