Underage individuals arrested for alcohol violations or use of a false identification (fake i.d.) to gain entrance to a bar or to purchase alcohol should take this matter seriously as there are numerous consequences. Typically, there are criminal penalties, motor vehicle administration driving privilege penalties, as well as a possible disciplinary hearing with administrative personnel where students could be put placed on probation, suspended or even expelled based on code of conduct violations.
Underage Drinking and Minors Consuming Alcohol in Baltimore
Do not plead Guilty! It is imperative that you retain an aggressive criminal defense attorney as soon as possible so that you can explore your options and realize certain defenses. An accused’s failure to question and force the government to a certain standard by pleading guilty would be giving up valuable constitutional rights and privileges that could ultimately affect the amount of time you spend in jail and the amount of fines, fees and jail costs owed, without receiving anything in return.
Often times, there are many things the prosecution does not want you to know. For instance, the government may not have all the witnesses available or witnesses needed to prosecute their case or the prosecution may have evidentiary issues proving every element of the crime. Also, the government may have exculpatory evidence that could prove your innocence. Great things can sometimes happen when the defense is ready for trial and the prosecution is not. A rush to judgment to plead guilty after speaking with a prosecutor or a family friend who is a law enforcement officer might prevent you from the realization of certain potential defenses that could dismiss your case, reduce the charges to a lesser-included offense, or give you a chance to consider alternatives that might help you to avoid the maximum penalties, fines and typical inconveniences associated with someone who is not represented by counsel.
- PRE-CHARGE / INVESTIGATION MATTERS
- MINOR DUI / DWI / UNDER 21 DUI / UNDERAGE DUI / DWI / DRUNK DRIVING
- UNDERAGE POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL / MINORS IN POSSESSION (MIP)
- UNDERAGE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL/ MINORS IN CONSUMPTION (MIC)
- PURCHASE OF ALCOHOL BY SOMEONE UNDER THE LEGAL DRINKGING AGE
- POSSESSING A FALSE OR FORGED INSTRUMENT (FAKE I.D.)
- USE OF FAKE I.D. / USE OF A FRAUDULENT OR FALSE WRITTEN INSTRUMENT
- UNLAWFUL USE OF A LICENSE / POSSESSING A FICTITIOUS OR FRAUDULENTLY ALTERED LICENSE
- USING THE IDENTIFICATION OF ANOTHER TO ENTER A LIQUOR ESTABLISMENT
- DRINKING IN PUBLIC / CONSUMPTION OF LIQUOR IN A PUBLIC PLACE
- OPEN CONTAINER OF ALCOHOL WHILE OPERATING OR WITHIN THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT
- INFLUENCING A SALE / GIVING OR SERVING LIQUOR TO A MINOR
- FURNISHING OF ALCOHOL TO MINORS / HOSTING UNDERAGE DRINKING PARTIES
- EXPUNGING A CRIMINAL RECORD FOR AN ALCOHOL RELATED CRIME
Baltimore Underage Drinking Lawyer Offering Free Consultations
Don’t Go to Court Alone. A criminal conviction can affect the rest of your life. You could spend years in jail, pay fines, Court costs and regret not having a professional attorney advising you on the best decisions in your criminal case. Call Attorney Randolph Rice at (410) 694-7291 to schedule a FREE criminal defense consultation. We have years of experience and we can put that knowledge to work in your criminal case.