Fallston Criminal Defense Lawyer

Get Your Free ConsultationView Results

Fallston is a semi-rural community located in Harford County, Maryland. In the 2000 census, the population was 8,427 people with a population density of 600 people per square mile. Even with a small population people can get involved with the criminal justice system. No matter the issue a Fallston criminal lawyer will be by your side to ensure a smooth process.

Common Criminal Charges in Fallston Maryland


What is the difference between driving under the influence and driving while impaired? If you have been charged with a DUI, this means your blood alcohol content was .08 or more. If you have been charged with a DWI, this means your blood alcohol content was above .05 and less than .08. If charged with either of these offenses you could be facing penalties such as fines and getting your license revoked, as well as criminal charges that could carry jail time. If you are under the age of 21, there is an automatic penalty of a maximum of one year MVA suspension. If you are facing DUI or DWI charges, call an experienced Fallston attorney to assist in your defense.

Domestic Violence

No matter if you have been a victim of domestic violence or been accused of domestic violence, an attorney can help. If you have been a victim of domestic violence legal remedies such as restraining orders and protective orders are feasible. Restraining orders are typically temporary until the victim can receive a protective order from the court. The order can include prohibiting the defendant from coming into contact with the victim. Now if you are the defendant these protective orders can be very restrictive limiting availability to the home and the rest of the family. Either way, if you have been involved in domestic violence do not go to court alone.

Theft OffensesFallston Criminal Lawyer min 150x150 - Fallston Criminal Defense Lawyer

In Maryland, theft is defined as the illegal taking of property belonging to another without their freely given consent. The charge of theft is determined by the value of the items stolen. Felony theft consists of property worth more than $1,000 and misdemeanor theft involves items less than $1,000. Penalties for theft are severe. For misdemeanor theft of items $500 or less, a first offense has penalties of up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500. Penalties for felony theft of items consisting between $1,000 and $10,000 is a fine of up to $10,000 and or up to 10 years in prison. These penalties are no laughing matter, if you are facing theft charges, call an experienced Fallston criminal lawyer today.

If Your Case Goes to Trial

If your case goes to trial there are many things to prepare for. An experienced trial attorney will be able to explain the process step by step. One thing to know is where your case will go to trial. In Harford County, the District and Circuit courts are located in Bel Air. Bel Air is located just a short drive from Fallston and offers street parking and garage parking for a fee. If taking the bus, it is Harford Transit, Route 3- Bel Air Town Go Round. Both the District and Circuit courts are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.

Questions a Fallston Criminal Attorney Can Answer

What are your fees?

Attorney’s fees are based on the type of case that you have. For criminal and traffic cases, including DUI cases, there is a flat fee. This means that the price that you are quoted is the total cost of the legal representation, no hidden costs. For personal injury, the fee is based on a contingency. This means that the fee that you are charged will be based on a percentage of the final settlement or verdict in the case. In family law issues, including divorce and child support, the charge is at an hourly rate, where you place an initial deposit down.

What are my rights if I have been pulled over?

If you have been pulled over in a traffic stop, police have the right to ask you or your passenger(s) to get out of the car. These questions have been addressed in Maryland v. Wilson and Pennsylvania v. Mimms. However, the police cannot legally search your car without a warrant, your permission or a legitimate cause. If you believe that you have been a victim of an unreasonable search, contact Rice, Murtha & Psoras.

I am not guilty; how do I prove it?

If you have been wrongly charged, there are different ways to prove it. One of the best routes is to have a rock-solid alibi, which is a defense against criminal allegations that states the defendant was in another place at the time of the crime so they could not have possibly been involved in committing the crime. In order for the alibi to be a proper defense, you must present evidence such as witness testimony or video to show your whereabouts at the time of the crime. An alibi is helpful because it makes it very difficult for the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed the crime. If you have been charged with a crime, but know you are innocent a Fallston criminal attorney can help.

Call for Assistance

Regardless of the nature of the charges, the outcome can be life changing. Do not wait to seek help. If you are facing criminal charges call a skilled Fallston criminal attorney today.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Client Testimonials

Read More Testimonials

“Randolph is an amazing attorney. He is very patient and understanding and straightforward to work with. Anytime I have a legal question or potential issue, I know I can contact him to get honest advice and excellent representation if/when needed. Thank you Randolph. I wish you continued success, health and happiness.”

- Michael K.