Attorney Randolph Rice is a Maryland criminal defense lawyer. He has represented hundreds of people pulled over and arrested by the police. If you’ve been charged with a crime or traffic violation, contact his office at (410) 288-2900 for immediate legal help. You can also email the office.
10 Things to Do if Pulled Over by the Police
- Stop the car in a safe place as quickly as possible.
- Turn off the car Turn on the internal light, open the window part way and place your hands on the wheel.
- Keep Your Hands where the police can see them.
- Be Polite and Respectful Stay calm and in control.
- Upon request Show police your driver’s license, registration and proof of insurance.
- Search If an officer asks to look inside your car, you can refuse to consent to the search. If police believe your car contains evidence of a crime, your car can be searched without your consent.
- Remain Silent Both drivers and passengers have the right to remain silent.
- Tickets If you’re given a ticket, you should sign it, you can always challenge it in Court.
- If you’re suspected of drunk driving You may refuse all tests but your driver’s license may be suspended.
- If you’re arrested Contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
For more information or to schedule a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC. For more information online, check out the Twitter feed for the office.
Attorney Randolph Rice has been honored as a Super Lawyer – Maryland Rising Star for multiple years. He is ranked by Avvo as a Superb 10 out of 10 lawyer and is Lead Counsel Rated.
If you’ve been arrested or charged with a crime in Maryland, contact a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. The Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice Jr., LLC, offers free confidential consultations.