Just as a review of the DUI and DWI laws that were enacted on October 1, 2011 in regards to the requirement for ignition interlock device.
New! DUI LAW in Maryland, Effective: October 1, 2011
- Anyone under 21, who violates their alcohol restriction, will have mandatory participation in interlock or face suspension.
- Drivers with a second alcohol conviction of any kind within 5 years will have mandatory participation in interlock or face suspension.
- Court judges may order a person into interlock regardless of reason.
- If assignment to interlock is for violation of under 21 alcohol restriction, second alcohol in 5 years, or assigned by court, the time in interlock is determined by how many times, on or after October 1, 2011 they have been assigned to interlock due to one of these three violations.
- Upon first conviction of 21-902, driver must be notified that with a second conviction within 5 years, they will be required to enroll in interlock.
- All drivers under 21 must be notified that any violation of their alcohol restriction will result in mandatory interlock participation. (Will be in driver’s manual)
- Criminal sanctions for driving a non-interlock vehicle with an interlock restricted license.
If you are charged with a DUI in Maryland, contact the office at 410-288-2900 to discuss your case and the process to hire an attorney.
Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC
6914 Holabird Avenue, Suite A
Baltimore, Maryland 21222