Rosedale Md. Criminal Defense Lawyer
Have you been charged with a crime in Rosedale Maryland or are you a resident of Rosedale and you are facing criminal or traffic charges? Don’t panic, there is help available. Call the Randolph Rice criminal defense lawyers today to schedule a free consultation at 410.288.2900 for immediate help.
Criminal Charges in Rosedale Maryland
No one wants to face criminal charges and no one wants to think about the consequences of a criminal conviction. That is why it is so important to have an experienced and trusted lawyer defending your case in Court. Criminal charges typically start with a call to the police or an individual visiting the commissioner’s office to file charges. At that point, the police will arrest a suspect or later charge that person through the commissioner. If the charges are filed by a victim, then the commissioner will decide to issue a summons or warrant for the defendant and then a trial date is set. If the charges are classified as misdemeanors in Maryland, then the case will be set in one of the District Courts where the crime allegedly occurred. If the defendant has been charged with one or more felonies, then the case will be charged in the Circuit Court for the county of city where the crime allegedly occurred.
5 Things to Know When Looking for a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Meet with a number of lawyers before you make your decision. You want get a feeling for how the lawyer conducts him or herself. You can contact our office at 410.288.2900 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you.
- Make sure you don’t talk to anyone about your case. Anyone you talk to can be a potential witness for the State and one more piece of evidence they can use against you.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to hire a criminal defense lawyer. The lawyer needs time to prepare for your case. If you hire a lawyer at the last minute, they may have to postpone your case to prepare.
- Write down everything you remember from the incident. Time may pass between the date of being charged and when you actually go to court for the trial. You may forget things, so it is helpful in your defense to have the facts memorialized for that trial date.
- Listen to your lawyer’s advice. A good lawyer will give you a task list to complete before you appear in Court. Make sure you do everything your lawyer tells you, he or she knows what it will take to win your case or minimize the consequences.
If you’ve been charged and need a lawyer in Rosedale, Maryland, contact our office for immediate legal help.
We can schedule an appointment at our office below: