The Law Offices of Randolph Rice is a Maryland law firm with offices throughout Baltimore. The firm handles various areas of law including criminal defense, personal injury, DUI/DWI defense, medical malpractice, traffic tickets, family law, trusts, wills and estates.
Current Job Openings:
Blog & SEO Writer for Law Firm – Posted 4/5/18
Status – Closed
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated writer to generate engaging, original blog content for our websites. The position will entail researching topics and develop interesting articles that fit our target audience and content and that will perform well in search engines.
Our writer will also be tasked with improving existing articles by following SEO best practice.
These articles will be used on our social media sites, in our marketing emails, and across the web on other blogging and content websites.
The ideal candidate should have excellent writing and grammar skills, the ability to generate relevant topics, and the motivation to research the article in order to create engaging, original content.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating and researching original ideas for article topics.
- Writing, editing, and publishing the content.
- Utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords and best practices.
- Monitoring current industry topics for find new and creative content.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving packages and mail at office location.
- Answering and directing incoming phones calls.
- Relevant education or experience that can be directly related to position.
- Experience writing content for websites or similar experience in other writing field.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, research, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with SEO and blogging practices.
- Strong understanding of our Personal Injury & Criminal Law target audience.
- Proficiency with computers, WordPress, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords.
- Ability to sit and type for extended periods.
A successful candidate should submit a short, relevant resume AND a short cover letter OR a 30-45 second video (must be linked via YouTube, Vimeo, etc) explaining how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the job.
Location: Near Dundalk/Baltimore, Maryland
Compensation: $10-$12/hour, Part-time, and paid holidays.
Job Type: Part-time
Receptionist – Posted March 28, 2018
Job Summary – Legal Receptionist
The Law Offices of Randolph Rice is seeking a part-time receptionist. Typical receptionist duties include:
- Greeting clients and visitors;
- Answering visitor inquiries in person;
- Answering incoming calls;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Maintaining and scheduling conference rooms;
- Maintaining the waiting area;
- Serving water, coffee or tea to guests;
- Scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents;
- Collecting and routing mail;
- Data entry;
- Word processing;
- Establishing new case files and drafting simple correspondence.
A high school diploma is required.
The receptionist will be visitor’s first business contact with the firm. We are looking for candidates with:
- Professional appearance and polished demeanor;
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion;
- Attention to detail;
- Positive, upbeat attitude;
- Patience in dealing with difficult visitors;
Location for Employment
How to Apply
Legal Writer – Posted March 31, 2018
Candidate Profile and Role:
The Law Offices of Randolph Rice’s Baltimore, MD office is looking to employ a Legal Writer who will be responsible for analyzing and writing complex legal articles for various areas of the law. The ideal candidate will possess the skills need to learn a topic or legal issue and create unique and interesting content for the firms’ clients to consume digitally.
- Research, analyze and write complex legal articles.
- Translate complex terminology into accessible, compelling, and relevant content for potential clients.
- Work closely with Attorneys on writing projects
- Working closely with members of the legal and SEO team to ensure the accuracy of information disseminate to the public.
- Draft press releases for immediate release.
- Working independently and managing multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Possess strong understanding of or ability to learn new laws and rules within the legal field.
- Applying excellent proofreading and editing skills to case-writing content and other materials.
- B.A. degree, preferably in a discipline with a strong focus on writing and research.
- Demonstrate cross-cultural communication skills and ability to interface with a variety of internal and external clients
- Possesses excellent writing and analytical skills in a legal environment as well as superior research skills.
- Achieve high level of productivity.
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicates progress/status on content.