Maryland Speeding Ticket Attorney
What can I do if I received a Speeding Ticket in Maryland?
If you’ve been stopped by law enforcement and cited with one or more traffic citations in the state of Maryland, contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, at 410.288.2900 to discuss your options and the best course of action with a trained speeding ticket lawyer.
Maryland Vehicle Law
§21-801.1. Maximum limits
- A. General rule – Unless there is a special danger that requires a lower speed to comply with §21-801 of this subtitle, the limits specified in this section or otherwise established under this subtitle are maximum lawful speeds. A person may not drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed that exceeds these limits.
- B. Specified limits – Except as otherwise provided in this section, the maximum speed limits are:
- 15 miles an hour in alleys in Baltimore County;
- 30 miles an hour on:
- i. All highways in a business district; and
- ii. Undivided highways in a residential district;
- 35 miles an hour on divided highways in a residential district;
- 50 miles an hour on undivided highways in other locations; and
- 55 miles an hour on divided highways in other locations.
MVA Points for Speeding Violations in the state of Maryland
Penalties for speeding violations in the state of Maryland can include fines, court costs, or MVA points.
Exceeding speed limit by:
- 1 to 9 mph: 1 MVA point
- 10 to 19 mph: 2 MVA points
- 20 to 29 mph: 2 MVA points
- Exceeding speed limit of 65 mph by 10 to 19 mph: 2 MVA points
- Exceeding speed limit of 65 mpg by 20 to 29 mph: 5 MVA points
- 30 to 39 mph: 5 MVA points
- 40 mph or over: 5 MVA points
- Exceeding highway work zone speed limit: 1 MVA point
What Should I do if I Received a Speeding Ticket in Maryland?
Most people will ignore the ticket, pay the fine and receive the points. But if you want to avoid the point and attempt to reduce the fine then you should call the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, to find out how we can help.
However, the smartest, savviest, and most cost effective solution to a traffic ticket problem is to hire an experienced Maryland traffic attorney to fight on your behalf. Having a Maryland traffic lawyer handling your ticket can keep your fines to a minimum, your insurance premiums low, and your driving record clean. Traffic tickets impact your insurance premiums, and your right to have a driver’s license, for many years.
Call us now at 410.288.2900!