When you get into a taxi cab, you expect to arrive at your destination safely. Unfortunately, taxi accidents are a regular occurrence on the crowded streets of Baltimore, often injuring passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and the occupants of other vehicles. If you were hit by a taxi in Baltimore, or were riding in a cab that crashed, you may be able to get injury compensation by filing an accident claim. Our Baltimore taxi accident lawyer can determine whether you have a case, and if so, help you understand your rights and options for pursuing damages.
At the Law Offices of Randolph Rice, we are committed to helping injury victims get fair accident compensation from negligent drivers, cabbies, and taxi companies. Whether your accident was caused by a taxi driver, or by the driver of another vehicle, we are here to counsel and advise you on taking the next steps. For a free legal consultation, contact the Law Offices of Randolph Rice online, or call our Baltimore cab accident lawyer at (410) 694-7291.
Common Passenger Injuries in Taxi Crashes
Tax accidents frequently result in injuries. Millions of Americans are non-fatally injured in automotive accidents each year, while tragically, many thousands more are killed in fatal crashes.
Injuries can range from minor to life-threatening, and in some cases, cause permanent scarring, impairment, or disability. For example, the victim might lose a limb or suffer memory loss related to a brain injury. These types of injuries have radically life-altering consequences and should only be handled by a highly experienced attorney.
Even injuries that are more easily treatable, like a broken bone, can lead to expensive medical bills and missed time at work. Whether your injury is minor or severe, you should talk to a Baltimore taxi accident attorney about getting compensated for crash-related expenses. Types of taxi injury claims our attorney can assist you with include, but are not limited to:
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Dislocated joints
- Facial injuries
- Internal bleeding or injuries
- Loss of a limb, finger, thumb, or toe
- Road rash injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) and paralysis
- Torn ligaments
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
Most Common Causes of Baltimore Taxi Accidents
Most Baltimore taxi accidents are caused by a combination of human errors. Some common examples of factors that can cause or contribute to taxi accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Defective tires, defective brakes, or other faulty car parts
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Failing to adjust speed in dangerous or low-visibility conditions (such as icy roads, dense fog, or sharp corners)
- Failing to check mirrors
- Failing to maintain or inspect vehicles properly
- Failing to screen cab drivers and perform background checks
- Failing to stop at red lights or stop signs
- Failing to use turn signals
- Failing to yield to others
- Following other vehicles too closely for safety
- Intoxicated driving
- Lack of driver experience
- Speeding excessively
Can You Sue a Taxi Company or Cab Driver in Baltimore?
Baltimore cab companies and their employees have a duty of care not only to their own passengers, but to all motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians with whom they share Baltimore’s streets. Taxi drivers and their employers must exercise high standards of safety, from inspecting vehicles for defects to obeying the rules of the road.
When a taxi driver is negligent and violates traffic safety laws, the result can be a collision that injures passengers and/or other people. If negligence causes an accident that injures or kills others, the negligent parties, such as the cab driver or cab driver’s employer, can be held liable for the victim’s losses.
In some situations, both the taxi driver and the other driver may be partially at fault. In such cases, injured passengers may have a claim against both drivers.
Compensation for Taxi Accident Passenger Injuries
A taxi accident can cause devastating injuries that require costly treatment to recover from. You can pursue financial compensation, or “damages,” by filing an accident claim with help from a cab injury lawyer in Baltimore. Randolph Rice can help you aggressively pursue damages for accident-related losses that you have suffered or are expected to face in the future, including compensation for:
- Medical bills, such as the costs for surgery, medication, hospitalization, and lab tests
- Loss of wages, including diminished earning capacity and future losses
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Funeral and burial expenses, in a case that involves wrongful death
Baltimore Taxi Cab Accident Attorney Offering Free Consultations
Proudly serving the Baltimore area, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide you with your free initial consultation. If you believe that you may have a personal injury claim against a cab driver, a taxi company, or the driver of a passenger vehicle, we invite you to contact us online or call (410) 694-7291 for a free consultation today.