In the immediate aftermath of a car accident, auto accident attorneys are probably the furthest people from your mind. Depending on the circumstances, they may become your biggest advocates and heroes down the line. What should you do if you or your loved one has been in an auto accident? When should you consider hiring a lawyer to work on your behalf?
Contact the Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, if you’ve been hurt in an auto accident in Maryland at (410) 694-7291 or by email.
Immediately After the Car Accident
If you find yourself or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, you should keep these preliminary steps in mind.
- Ensure that all parties are safe.
- Call the police to file a report and respond to injuries.
- Do not admit fault in the auto accident.
- Exchange information with the other individual involved.
- Gather contact information from witnesses to the auto accident.
- Keep track of all medical expenses.
- Inform your insurance company.
When Should You Hire Auto Accident Attorneys to Represent You?
The legal and financial aspects of an auto accident can be overwhelming. As you work to heal from any injuries, you also have to contend with your insurance company and those of the other parties involved. Insurance companies have a financial interest in paying out as little as possible on your claim. You may find that getting fair and just compensation for your injuries and mental anguish, lost wages, and physical suffering can be difficult. This is where auto accident attorneys are extremely helpful. Auto accident attorneys are professional lawyers who have the experience necessary to fight for your just compensation.
You will need to hire a reputable lawyer if
- you are having difficulty getting your medical bills paid.
- you are experiencing anguish or lost wages as a result of the accident.
- the insurance company is delaying payment.
- the insurance company is refusing to pay the full amount necessary to repair your car.
- you feel you are being treated unfairly in any way.
Although auto accident attorneys aren’t your first thought after an accident, enlisting their professional help early on in the settlement process can speed up the rate in which your bills are paid and your vehicle is back on the road.
If you need to hire a lawyer after your auto accident in Maryland, contact attorney Randolph Rice at (410) 694-7291 for immediate legal help. Free consultations.