Posted in Courts on March 15, 2013
Have you ever wondered what the standard and special conditions of probation are in Maryland? If you are convicted or a Judge in Maryland places you on probation, this is a list of conditions the Judge may order you to comply with during your probation.
1. Report as directed and follow your supervising agent’s lawful instructions.
2. Work and/or attend school regularly as directed and provide verification to your supervising agent.
3. Get permission from your supervising agent before: changing your home address, changing your job, and/or leaving the State of Maryland.
4. Obey all laws.
5. Notify your supervising agent at once if charged with a criminal offense, including jailable traffic offenses.
6. Get permission from the Court before owning, possession, using, or having under your control any dangerous weapon or firearm of any description.
7. Permit your supervising agent to visit your home.
8. Do not illegally possess, use, or sell any narcotic drug, controlled dangerous substance, counterfeit substance, or related paraphernalia.
9. Appear in court when notified to do so.
10. Pay all fines, costs, restitution and fees as ordered by the Court or as directed by your supervising agent through a payment schedule. (including: fines, court costs, supervision fee, restitution, public defender fee, Victim of Crime Fund, CICF, etc)
11. Provide DNA sample as require by law.
12. Submit to and pay for random urinalysis as directed by supervising agent.
13. Submit to, successfully complete, and pay required costs for alcohol, drug, or alcohol and drug evaluation, testing, treatment, education, as directed by your supervising agent.
14. Attend self-help group meetings.
15. Attend and successfully complete alcohol, drug, or alcohol and drug treatment or education program.
16. Totally abstain from alcohol, illegal substance, and abusive use of any prescription drug.
17. Apply for alcohol restriction on driver’s license.
18. Refrain from driving and/or attempting to drive after consuming alcohol.
19. Attend Victim Impact Panel meetings when notified.
20. Attend and successfully complete MVA Driver Improvement Program.
21. Have Ignition Interlock installed on your vehicle (Employment vehicle exempted).
22. Submit to evaluation and attend and successfully complete mental health treatment as directed by your supervising agent.
23. Attend and successfully complete Special Health Education Program Project SASOE
24. Attend and successfully complete parenting class.
25. Complete community service and pay required fees.
26. Enroll in, pay any required costs for, and successfully complete treatment as directed by the Court.
27. Attend and successfully complete domestic violence counseling and pay required fees and costs as required by the Court.
28. Have no contact with specific individual as ordered by the Court.
29. Do not enter or be found near a specific location as ordered by the Court.
30. Home confinement/detention (Special Condition, i.e. doctor’s appointments, attending class, etc).
31. Register as sexual offender with the supervising authority under the provisisions of Criminal Procedure Article, Title 11, Subtitle 7.
32. Any special conditions as ordered by the Court.