Am I Going to Jail? – A Baltimore Md Criminal Defense Lawyer Answers Your Biggest Fear.
One of the most common questions my clients ask is: Am I Going to Jail? In most cases I tell them it depends on a number of factors, but with the help of an experienced and trusted criminal defense attorney, your chances of going to jail are greatly decreased.
Call (410) 288-2900 to schedule a free consultation with a Baltimore Criminal Lawyer G. Randolph Rice, Jr. and for immediate legal help.
You can also contact attorney Rice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for legal help.
Every case is unique and to use the common analogy, “every case is like a snowflake.” Often we don’t know the answer until we do our due diligence and investigate the facts of the case and speak with potential witnesses. In addition to independent investigation, we file a motion for discovery in every case. This forces the state and the police to turn over all of the documents they possess and intend to use at trial. In a sense, if we were playing poker, we get to see the state’s cards before we decide to play our hand.
Some of the common factors to consider in answering the question, Am I going to Jail are:
- The jurisdiction your case is charged in. Each Court is different and different courts and Judges has different tendencies for each case. The Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, represents clients in Baltimore County, Harford County, Howard County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel County and Ocean City, Maryland. We know the Judges and their tendencies and what to take before each Judge.
- The Judge you must appear before for your charges. Each Judge is different and each Judge has their own tendencies.
- The facts of the case. Some facts can be less damaging to the sentence for the Judge. Where other facts can cause the Judge or State’s Attorney to sentence harsher.
- The seriousness of the charges. Minor charges will always have a lesser chance of jail versus more serious charges such as a felony.
- The defense attorney’s experience and knowledge of the law and ability to present you in the best possible light to the Judge.
If you have been charged with a crime or traffic violation, including DUI and DWI, in the Baltimore region, contact the office today to discuss your case and schedule a free consultation. Call (410) 288-2900 for immediate legal help.
The Law Offices of G. Randolph Rice, Jr., LLC, represents clients charged with:
- Alcohol Violations;
- Assault (First Degree Assault and Second Degree Assault);
- Bad Check;
- Burglary (First, Second, Third, and Fourth Degree Burglary);
- Car Theft;
- Carry Weapon;
- Computer Crimes;
- CDS (Controlled Dangerous Substance);
- Dangerous Weapons;
- Disorderly Conduct;
- Domestic Violence;
- Driving on Suspended License;
- Driving Without a License;
- Drunk Driving;
- Drug Possession;
- Drunken Boating;
- False Statement;
- Firearm Charges;
- Gambling and Gaming;
- Indecent Exposure;
- Juvenile Criminal Charges;
- Obstructing and Hindering;
- Possession of Drugs;
- Prescription Forgery;
- Sex Offenses;
- Weapon Crimes;
- All misdemeanors and felonies in Maryland.
Call (410) 288-2900 for immediate legal help in the Baltimore region.
Click here to find your court date in Maryland through the Maryland Case Search.