Medical Mistake Attorney in Baltimore, MD
Medical errors and mistakes can be a cause of serious distress and discomfort. In many cases, it is difficult to immediately identify that you have been the victim of a medical mistake because we often trust our doctors to provide us with quality care, and we might not recognize the signs of errors and problems with our care. If you believe that you might have been the victim of a medical mistake in Baltimore, talk to an attorney right away for help with your potential case.
Rice, Murtha & Psoras ’s medical mistake attorneys in Baltimore, Maryland represent injury victims and their families, and we fight to get them justice for the harm they faced. For help holding a negligent doctor accountable and getting compensation for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering related to a medical mistake, call our attorneys today at (410) 694-7291 to set up a free legal consultation.
Causes of Medical Mistakes and Malpractice Injuries
Doctors are trained to provide quality care, but inattention and carelessness can often taint the quality of care you receive, potentially leading to serious injuries and complications. Surgical and medical mistakes can come in a wide range of potential problems and issues, including the following types of medical malpractice cases:
- Failure to Diagnose and Delayed Diagnosis – If your doctor should have realized what was wrong with you based on the tools and information they had, but they failed to diagnose you, the effects of delayed treatment could be their responsibility.
- Misdiagnosis – If your doctor’s diagnosis was wrong, you could face the effects of delayed diagnosis or failure to diagnose, but you might also face additional stress and harm if you think you have a disease you do not or you begin aggressive treatments unnecessarily.
- Surgical Errors – Surgeons could commit errors when you are on the operating table that cause you serious injuries and complications they did not intend. Nonetheless, these doctors should be held accountable for their mistakes.
- Anesthesia Errors – If you suffered adverse health effects or if a loved one died because of improperly administered anesthesia, you could be entitled to sue.
- Birth Injuries – Babies are quite vulnerable during delivery, and mothers can face serious complications as well. If complications result in long-term or permanent injuries to your child, you could be entitled to substantial compensation.
- Objects Left Inside During Surgery – Medical sponges and tools are sometimes left behind inside the patient’s body after surgery by mistake. This kind of negligence could go unnoticed for long periods.
- Gross Negligence – Rarely, hospitals and physicians make serious mistakes, such as performing the wrong procedure, operating on the wrong patient, or amputating the wrong limb. the effects of these mistakes are incredibly serious and are extreme violations of the patient’s rights and bodily autonomy.
- Wrongful Death – Many medical mistakes lead to death. If you lost a loved one to medical mistakes, you could be entitled to substantial compensation for their loss.
Other types of medical mistakes can also leave you or a loved one with serious injuries, worsening conditions, and feelings of fear and stress over what’s wrong with you. In many cases, it is difficult to identify your issue as a medical error without getting a second opinion. If you think something might be wrong with you that your doctor is not figuring out or you think your doctor’s care may have left you vulnerable or caused additional health issues, get a second opinion from another doctor and talk to a lawyer.
Damages for Medical Mistakes Causing Injuries and Worsening Conditions
When you receive any medical procedures or medical care, you are likely paying high care costs already. If you need additional care or treatment because of the mistakes your doctor or another health care provider made, the costs could go up drastically. In addition, worsened conditions and additional health complications may make it difficult to work and provide for yourself and your family. If you suffered these kinds of damages because of a medical mistake, you could be entitled to compensation for the cost of medical care and lost wages associated with that malpractice.
In addition to these costs, you could face substantial pain and suffering. the physical pain and discomfort of an injury can vary greatly, but for serious injuries, you could be entitled to substantial compensation. In many cases, the emotional distress and mental anguish can lead to substantial damages as well, especially if the negligent care resulted in permanent injuries, advanced cancer, disabilities, or other serious problems.
If medical mistakes took the life of a loved one, you could be entitled to other damages for your loss. You can often seek financial compensation for the lost income and household services that a loved one provided before their death. In addition, lost companionship, counsel, household duties, and other benefits of your relationship with your lost parent, spouse, or child should also be compensated. You may also be able to claim damages for the end of life medical care, funeral costs, burial costs, and other damages associated with their wrongful death.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or worsened conditions from medical mistakes, talk to a lawyer for help understanding what your case is worth.
Call Our Baltimore Medical Mistakes Lawyer for a Free Legal Consultation
If you underwent a surgical procedure or any medical treatment or received a diagnosis that involved medical mistakes leading to injuries or worsened health conditions, talk to a lawyer immediately. Your doctor’s negligent care and medical mistakes may justify seeking financial compensation in a lawsuit, and the Baltimore attorneys for victims of medical mistakes at Rice, Murtha & Psoras might be able to help. For a free legal consultation on your potential case, contact our law offices today at (410) 694-7291.