If you were injured in a car accident in Maryland, you may be entitled to compensation. Depending on what caused your accident, another driver or their insurer may be liable for your expenses. Unfortunately, insurance companies can make it difficult to get compensated fairly, especially if you have sustained complex or permanent injuries. Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer in Owings Mills, like attorney Randolph Rice, helps to level the playing field when filing an injury claim.
If you were hurt in a car accident in Owings Mills, make sure you talk to an injury lawyer about the next steps. For a free legal consultation, call the Law Offices of Randolph Rice at (410) 694-7291, or contact us online today.
When Should You Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
While you focus on getting medical care, your attorney can handle gathering evidence, analyzing insurance policies, negotiating with insurance adjusters, and showing how the other driver was at fault for your injuries. Your attorney will also work to protect you from “low-ball” settlement offers that, while seemingly reasonable, may be designed to pay out less than what your claim is worth. It is especially important to hire an attorney if your accident involved any of the following factors, which will make your claim more complex:
- A collision between three or more vehicles
- Automotive defects, or defects in/on the roadway itself (such as deep potholes)
- Drivers who acted carelessly or made mistakes, like speeding, running a red light, or failing to stop at a stop sign
- Drivers who were fatigued or asleep at the wheel when the collision happened
- Intoxicated drivers, such as drivers who were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when your accident occurred
- Serious physical injuries, such as broken bones or disabling back injuries
- Substantial damage to your car or personal property
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers
Car Crash Injury Claims We Handle
Certain types of accidents are more common than others. For example, rear-end collisions are extremely common at intersections, often causing whiplash and soft tissue injuries. At the Law Offices of Randolph Rice, we handle all types of auto accident claims, including claims involving:
- Accidents caused by texting or distracted driving
- Accidents caused by road defects or debris in the road
- Collisions with trucks and buses
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Left-hand turn accidents
- Parking lot and parking garage accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Speeding accidents
- T-bone collisions
- Taxi, Lyft, and Uber accidents
- Wrong-way accidents
We understand that serious injuries have long-term, unseen costs that often go ignored or overlooked by insurance adjusters. Randolph Rice will fight tirelessly to maximize the value of your claim and obtain every cent of compensation that you deserve, taking into consideration factors like ongoing medical care, permanent disability, and diminished earning capacity. Our office handles car accident claims involving all types of injuries, including:
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Bone fractures (broken bones)
- Burn injuries
- Concussions and brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Cuts and puncture wounds
- Deep bruising
- Hip, knee, and shoulder injuries
- Injuries caused by seat belts
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of fingers, toes, or limbs
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Lung and chest injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
How Long Should I Wait to See a Doctor After a Car Accident?
After you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to seek medical care as soon as possible. Some injuries are not noticeable for several hours to several days after an accident, making an expert medical diagnosis crucial. You may have sustained internal injuries, such as bone fractures, head injuries, or soft tissue injuries, that you are not initially aware of.
There is no specific rule for when to see a doctor after a car accident in Maryland. However, it is strongly advised to see a physician or go to the hospital within 72 hours (three days) of your accident – ideally, much sooner. If your injuries are serious, seek immediate emergency care. Getting medical help should be your top priority after a crash.
Failure to seek prompt medical treatment can lead to complications that make your injuries more dangerous. Delays in seeking treatment can also weaken your accident claim. The at-fault driver’s insurance company may argue that, since you waited so long to seek treatment, your injuries could have not been that serious. To reduce the risk of health complications and make your claim as strong as possible, it is vital to get medical care as soon as possible after an accident.
Owings Mills Car Accident Lawyer Serving Maryland
If you have questions about filing a personal injury claim after a car accident in Maryland, turn to the Law Offices of Randolph Rice for assistance. We have a proven track record built on years of experience fighting for accident compensation. Contact us online to arrange a free legal consultation, or call the Law Offices of Randolph Rice at (410) 694-7291 to speak with an Owings Mills car crash lawyer today.