Easton, MD Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can cause severe physical, mental, emotional, and financial damage to undeserving victims. If a car accident happens as a result of a driver’s negligence, then that driver may have a lawsuit filed against them.
If you were involved in a car accident that caused you to suffer serious injuries, you should get in touch with the Easton car accident attorneys from Rice, Murtha & Psoras. These attorneys will be able to file a claim for your case that may allow you to receive compensation for your injuries. the damages you recover may be for medical bills, lost wages and income, pain and suffering, and more. Call 410-694-7291 to schedule a time for a legal consultation.
Causes of Car Accidents in Easton, Maryland
Car accidents that involve negligence on the part of a driver can result in a lawsuit from the person who suffers injuries. the following are common causes of car accidents in Easton that are the result of negligence. the attorneys at Rice, Murtha & Psoras can help you recover damages for most types of car accidents that occur, including collisions with trucks and buses, high speed accidents, hit-and-run accidents, pileups, rear-end collisions, sideswipes, T-bones, and U-turn accidents.
Driving while drunk or under the influence of a controlled substance is dangerous. If you sustain injuries due to a car accident caused by a drunk driver, then you may be able file a lawsuit for your injuries. the penalties for the drunk driver can be severe and life-changing, such as fines and penalties, points on their license, suspension of revocation of their license, or jail time.
A driver that takes their eyes off of the road or focuses their attention on anything besides their driving — whether it be texting, adjusting the radio, or fixing their makeup — is making themselves and other drivers on the road susceptible to accidents and injuries. Easton car accident attorney Randolph Rice can help drivers who are the victims of accidents involving distracted driving to file lawsuits against the offending drivers.
Failing to Stop or Yield
It is common for accidents to result from a driver failing to follow the orders on traffic signs. Running a stop sign or choosing to ignore a yield sign may result in an accident that can have serious consequences for all parties involved. Anyone who has suffered from an injury due to another driver’s failure to stop or yield on the road may be able to file a lawsuit against that driver with the help of Easton car accident lawyer Randolph Rice.
It’s important for drivers to leave enough space between their car and the car in front of them in order to drive safely. A driver that chooses to tailgate or follow the car in front on them too closely puts themselves and the other driver at risk of accident and injury. Easton car accident attorney Randolph Rice can help you to file a lawsuit against any driver who has caused an accident by following your vehicle too closely.
Damages You Can Receive for a Car Accident Injury in Maryland
One step in filing a lawsuit against a driver whose negligence caused an accident is determining which damages to claim. You should seek to claim damages that allow you to recover the costs that resulted from your injury, or the cost of things that your injury prevented you from attaining. Following an injury resulting from a car accident, you may be able to claim the following damages:
- Medical expenses – You may be able to recover the cost of both past and future medical bills. These may be hospital and physician bills, physical therapy bills, the cost of prescriptions, surgery costs, lab fees, or the cost of pain management treatment.
- Lost wages and income – Wages that you could not earn due to an inability to work after your injury may be claimed in a lawsuit, as well as wages that you will not be able to earn in the future.
- Permanent disfigurement – Loss of motor function, amputation, contortions, major scarring from burns and cuts, or other permanent changes to your body may worth compensation.
- Pain and suffering – Injuries resulting from accidents can cause severe pain and suffering for the victim. Compensation for pain and suffering as part of damages is determined by the severity of the injury and the medications that the victim takes to deal with their pain.
- Loss of consortium or companionship – the spouse or family member of a victim of a car accident may be able to file a loss of consortium or companionship claim, which may lead to compensation for the loss of functions that their loved one used to provide.
Get in Touch with an Easton Car Accident Attorney Today
The attorneys who work at Rice, Murtha & Psoras have a proven track record of getting fair compensation for their clients’ injuries, and they are available to discuss options for your case at any time. Get in touch with them soon by calling 410-694-7291 to schedule your free initial consultation.