baltimore medical malpractice lawyer

Should I See A Doctor After a Car Accident in Maryland?

Car accidents are a common occurrence throughout Maryland. On any given day in Maryland and throughout the United States, there are hundreds of accidents that can lead to injuries and even death.

Determining if you need to see a doctor after a car accident is a personal decision you should make. If you are feeling pain or tenderness in any part of your body that you did not have before the accident, you should seek medical attention to determine the cause of the pain.

A car accident attorney in Baltimore at Rice, Murtha & Psoras explains how soon you should see a doctor after a crash in Maryland.

Hospital Visits after a Car Accident in Maryland

It is not uncommon for victims of a car accident to be transported to a hospital by ambulance after a car accident. When an accident occurs, it is advisable that the police should be contacted, and if any pain or injury is felt that emergency medical responders should be called.

If you’ve been involved in an accident and while you’re still inside your vehicle, you feel sharp pain, you or someone else should ask for an ambulance to be dispatched to the scene of the accident.

The paramedics that respond will determine if the injuries you sustained should be treated in the hospital. If the paramedics or EMS workers determine that you have a serious injury or are concerned with a particular part of your body, they will immediately transport you to a local hospital.

In Maryland, it is not uncommon for a victim of a car accident to be transported to one of the many hospitals, including Johns Hopkins Bayview, Franklin Square Hospital, or GBMC.

If you arrive at the hospital by ambulance, drive yourself there, or a friend or family member takes you to the hospital, it is imperative that you complete your visit while there.

We all know how frustrating it is to sit and wait for a doctor to see you.

However, you may be suffering from internal injuries or an unknown or unpredictable injury that needs immediate medical attention. So, you should remain at the hospital and get seen by a doctor, and go through any Imaging or x-rays that may be required for your injuries.

Leaving the Hospital after a Maryland Car Accident

After being seen by the hospital staff, they may decide to admit you to the hospital for your injuries or discharge you with follow-up or referral information.

If the doctors and medical staff at the hospital admit you, it is suggested that you stay at the hospital as long as the hospital staff believes you should stay.

The doctors and nurses have your best interest at heart, and they want to see you recover from any injuries.

If you are admitted to the hospital, contact our office, and one of our experienced Baltimore personal injury lawyers can visit you at the facility.

If the hospital staff discharges you, make a note of any referrals or suggestions the hospital staff and doctors recommend.

If the doctors recommend that you follow up with your primary care physician, you should make an appointment as soon as possible to see your physician to determine if there any lasting effects after the car accident.

Referred to Future Medical Care After an Injury Accident

If the hospital has referred you to see another doctor after your car accident, you should make an appointment as soon as possible.

There may be lingering injuries that you want to address before they get worse.

This may include soft tissue or muscle damage that may require physical therapy to improve your condition.

No Referral after Hospital Visit

What happens if you’re still in pain after you leave the hospital? What happens if it’s been a couple of weeks since the accident, and you’re still hurting?

You should seek immediate medical attention with your primary care physician or contact a doctor to schedule an appointment.

If you are still feeling pain after a car accident, there may be lingering medical conditions that you need to treat.

It is not uncommon for medical symptoms to arise days or even weeks after a car accident.

Many victims of an accident won’t feel pain until they return to their normal activities and discover the ailments they are suffering from. If this is the case, you should contact a doctor as soon as possible to complete a full checkup and determine a course of action for your recovery.

What to Do If I Do Not Have a Doctor After a Car Accident in Maryland

If you’ve been involved in an accident and your suffering an injury and you don’t have a doctor, you can contact our office, and we can provide a list of doctors throughout Maryland that can assist you.

The most important thing after an accident is 100% recovery from your injuries. A trained medical professional can prescribe a treatment plan that may include physical therapy or medication that will return you to the state you were in before the accident.

Who Pays the Medical Bills after an Accident in Maryland?

After an accident, the liable party or the person or persons that were negligent or reckless will pay for the medical bills and expenses that you incur.

To ensure that your medical bills are paid, you’ll need an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer to pursue a claim against the insurance company for the at-fault party.

If you’ve been hurt in an accident and you’ve got medical bills mounting are you don’t know what to do next, contact Rice, Murtha & Psoras today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your options.

There is no fee to pursue your claim and no fee unless we win your case. Don’t be a victim of someone else’s negligence and recklessness on the roads. Let our seasoned auto accident lawyer in Maryland fight for you and the compensation you deserve after your accident.

Contact Our Maryland Car Accident Lawyers If You Were Hurt

Finding a personal injury lawyer in Baltimore may seem like a tall order. You open the phone book and are bombarded by hundreds of names.

Choose the personal injury lawyers that your friends use. Rice, Murtha & Psoras have been fighting for their clients since 2006. Let their experience go to work for you after your car accident in Maryland.